Wroclaw was probably founded in 900 AD, and towards the year 1000 AD was conquered by Poland, and then the bishops of Wroclaw were also founded. The name of the town at that time was Wrotizla
At that time, control of Wroclaw passed between Poland and Bohemia and back, until it came under Polish rule.
In 1241 during the first Mongol invasion of Poland, the city was abandoned by its inhabitants, who even burned it to make the Mongols retreat
After the burning of the city it was re-settled mainly by German settlers, who influenced the laws customary in the city. And in 1242 Wroclaw adopted the German town law a treaty based on the "Magdeburg Rights" - which defined the political and economic freedom of the city
. The rights of Magdeburg itself - (official recognition of the laws defined in the city of Magdeburg) - Wroclaw received about 40 years later, in 1261.
In 1335 after more than 300 years of Polish rule, and after the death of Henry IV "the Good" (Duke of Wroclaw), Wroclaw passed to the rule of the Kingdom of Bohemia, and was renamed Wratslaw
In 1443 a strong earthquake struck Wroclaw, destroying much of the city.
In 1526, after the death of King Bohemia Louis II at the Battle of Mohács, Bohemia and Wroclaw were annexed to the Austrian Habsburg monarchy. Wroclaw was called Bresslaw in those days.
In 1530 the city was named BRESSLA, and the King of Bohemia at that time Ferdinand I established the emblem of the city, a symbol that accompanies it to this day
In 1741 - as part of the Austrian War of Succession between Austria and Prussia, Frederick II of Prussia conquered Silesia from Austria. The Protestant inhabitants of Wroclaw surrendered without a struggle in January 1741. Wroclaw was given the status of a capital city, and was called Bresslau
During the Napoleonic Wars, in 1807, Wroclaw was occupied by the Confederate forces of the Rhine (a group of states operating under Napoleon) and its walls were destroyed. The demolition of the walls had a positive effect on the city, as it could grow beyond its former boundaries.
During World War II, the city was occupied by the Germans during the invasion of Poland. In 1945 the city was liberated by the Soviet army.
After World War II, Wroclaw became part of Poland.
[כת2[The Historic Trail
The path goes through Nankiera Street between Ossolińskich Street and St. Wincentego Church, marking major events in the history of the city of Wroclaw. The path itself opens with a square panel with the clock in the town hall of Wroclaw | 1466 |, followed by another 18 signs, each of which is a significant year in the history of the city (this site, as of the day of writing the entry, displays the first 9 signs). Most of the signs were placed in 2012
[כתAbout the signs The rectangular signs are made of bronze and are on the ground. The first sign is different in size from the others (