Historic sites preserved by the Council for the Preservation of Heritage Sites in Israel. These sites are defined as heritage sites, and are sites that are important to future generations, historically, architecturally or that are of special significance.
The sites are usually buildings of historical value, such as: Beit Levin in Kfar Shmaryahu
, the Museum of the History of Gedera
, or Rabbi Kook’s house in Jerusalem
. Other types of sites were also commemorated, such as: the water tower on Hahashmal Street in Tel Aviv
, Rishon Lezion Winery
, the silo in Gan Shmuel
, the Founders’ Square in Petah Tikva
, the monument to Alfred Mond in Tel Mond
And even places attacked by the underground like the explosion of the British police headquarters in Jerusalem
, or places related to the Israeli wars - This courtyard in Tel Aviv
. Council for the Preservation of Heritage Sites in Israel
The council in some of the signs is also called
The Council for the Preservation of Buildings and Settlement Sites (
) is a registered association established following the trauma of the destruction of the historic building of the Herzliya Gymnasium on Herzl Street in Tel Aviv to make way for Migdal Shalom (1959) .
To prevent similar cases in the future, the council was established in 1984. The council symbol is the facade of the Herzliya Gymnasium building, which following its demolition (a fashionable 25-year delay) the council was established. (The facade restoration is in the Herzliya Gymnasium in its new location Click for a larger image
). In Herzl’s way
A special series of signs documents Herzl’s historic visit to Eretz Israel in 1898. The 7 stations on his visit are marked with signs documenting the place, the audience’s excitement about the visit and quotes from Herzl and others: Jaffa Port
, Mikve Israel, Rishon Lezion
, Ness Ziona
, Rehovot, Jerusalem and Motza.
About the signs
Almost all the signs are made of metal with their heads shaped according to the silhouette of the old building of the Herzliya Gymnasium (which is also the symbol of the Council for the Preservation of Heritage Sites in Israel).
Some of the signs are on the walls of the buildings
And some are placed on a pillar bearing the sign and are uniquely designed |140 |.
There are a number of signs that deviate from the format described above